Thursday, August 25, 2011

Universe as Experiences of Energy Events

Some (Joo Hock) thoughts to share

I just watched George Smoot (posted on OIA by Ludo) talked about how our Universe was designed, and he's referring to the physical Universe. Brilliant talk on TED, brilliant graphics, etc. However I'm more in tuned to Buckminster Fuller's (Bucky) perspectives of Universe, which I can connect with. He defined Universe in terms of experience. I quote him, "Universe is the aggregate of all of humanity's experience." (He has a longer version, but at the moment this suffice) I find this meaningful, to me. "Universe is comprised of complexes of energy events, and our experiences of these events. End of the day, everything boils down to our Experiences, nothing more, nothing less. Take away our experiences in life and we won't have a sense of what is Universe.

And I appreciate Bucky's definition even more, because when we see Universe from this perspective, as Experiences, then it is truly comprehensive, covering not just the Physical, but inclusive of the Metaphysical, of thoughts, ideas, feelings, the invisible, the relationship of energy events, Generalized Principles, etc.

Like it took me quite a while to come to share with you here on OIA Learning Hub - the Generalized Principle of Lag operating! Ha Ha

Perhaps you might want to pause here for a while and reflect.

And I like his (Buckminster Fuller's) Poem, "Cosmic Plurality" which I've committed to memory, and use as a "tool" to share some perspective with others when appropriate.

It goes like this:

"Environment to each must be
All there is that isn't me
Universe in turn must be
All that isn't me and me

Since I only see inside of me
What brains imagine outside of me
It seems to me you may be me
If that is so there's only we

Me and we
Two which love makes three
Universe perme-embracing
It Them You We"



No comments:

Followers